Monday, August 15, 2011

End of Summer Fun!

We have been trying to squeeze in every last ounce of summer into our lives these past few days before school starts on Wednesday!
Last week we went with some of my family to Seven Peaks. I have really been trying to avoid this place with all my heart for the past few years but I couldn't put it off any longer. The girls had a blast so I'm glad we went. I definitely did not put enough sunscreen on everyone (especially myself) so that wasn't as fun. My shoulders and back are seriously still killing me and it's been 4 days!


Mabel loved the wave pool (especially escaping from it). Lexie and Mabel.

If the look on this face was not enough to make the ridiculous admission, food and rental prices worth it, then I don't know what is. Seriously though, their prices and rules are out of hand. It's worse than a BYU football game. Each person is allowed to bring in 1 water bottle but it has to be factory sealed. How anal can you get?More lounging with Sam and Jeffy. We have also been trying to hurry and enjoy fresh and delicious foods like grilled pizzas and banh mi's. Ever since I heard about them on the Great Food Truck race last season I've been so curious about what they taste like. This recipe was really good and this recipe did not disappoint.The girls got free passes to the local pool as their big prize for the summer reading program so we took advantage of that today. It was pretty fun and we all had fun lounging in the pool.This is kind of random but I had to document this. This is how Mabel eats every morning. I give her a banana broken in two pieces and she picks up one half in each hand and goes to town. I love it. It may not show, but this girl can eat!Finally, we participated in the tell-tale sign that summer has officially ended tonight. The Meet the Teacher Night. Here's Sophia with her awesome teacher Mrs. Frey. Bring on 1st Grade!

2 comments:

ottspot said...

I have the summer passes to 7 peaks and have only gone once - it was so crowded that it was miserable.

Melissa said...

How fun! I'm glad you got to go- and sorry about the crazy rules. Mabes looks so cute with her banana. And Lillers looks SO adorable in that picture!