Monday, August 15, 2011

Latest Fun Things

Here's a few of the projects we've had going on as of late.
I bought this bench at DI last week for $4. Nothing fancy but I was kind of excited to have something for the kids to sit on in the backyard. It was a boring brown bench and a friend suggested that I paint it. Also after some inspiration from another amazing friend I decided to give it a little splash of pistachio.Also, when I was visiting my sister in New York she took me to see her friend's house that is so cute. I loved the spice rack that she had and have been trying to recreate one like it ever since. It didn't go so well and hers is much cuter but this is the best I could do for now. So I couldn't find shelves or wood thin enough so I deconstructed our old spice rack instead. I took it all apart and used the racks that you put the spices in for the shelves. Then I cleaned out the plastic spice jars and threw away some of the spices we don't use (like savory and mint - those hadn't even been opened since we received this for our wedding 8 years ago! - I also threw away a lot of the spices I use and replaced them with fresh ones. Don't worry). I made new labels and modge podged them onto the tops. I will probably get some little stainless steel containers or something else but haven't quite found what I really like yet. For the font though I used one of the cute ones I found here. I thought it was fun that someone put a bunch of bloggers handwriting into fonts. How cute.


This last weekend we had some awesome friends come over who we never get to see. Tiffany is so hilarious and brought us all our birthday presents for the year. It was so fun! They gave Doug this awesome bracelet. It's like an emergency thing that is made up of braided military quality rope (correct me on this Tiffany). It's pretty cool.

They also gave Sophia this cutest necklace kit that she has seriously not put down since they gave it to her. It's actually pretty clever and pretty cute. The necklace string is made from one of those loop things that you used to weave together on those plastic looms to make hot pads. Remember those? It has a washer attached to it and then each of the little bottlecaps has a magnet attached to the back. It's so cute because it's so interchangeable! The bottlecaps are all way cute too! Also, I saw this pumpkin at Hobby Lobby last week but was too cheap to buy it and thought that I could make something like it with a pumpkin I already had. I asked Tiffany if she'd be willing to print me a vinyl W on her Cricut. Well, of course she did me one better and got me a pumpkin. I love her. So cute! I seriously love it. I love fall and am so excited to have one more thing to decorate with!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh I saw those pumpkins too and wanted to buy one!! They were too pricey and they didn't have a B so it worked out well! Awesome bench!! And I LOVE that spice rack- Rika has one like it, but it is magnetic and the bottles are not as big. I love that font though! Super cute necklace too!

James and Tiff said...

You are so funny:) I am glad you liked everything! Let me know when you can come up and we can print up some W's.