Monday, August 29, 2011

Concert Week 2011

We had a fun week filled with two different concerts. When we bought the tickets awhile ago we didn't realize that they were the same week. It worked out though and it was pretty fun. Thanks to everyone who watched our kids!
On Monday we went to Death Cab for Cutie. It was pretty great! The opener was pretty good as well so it made for a good night. I will admit though that they are definitely not arena band. We saw them at Thanksgiving Point a few years ago and they were much better there. It was still ok though. They played Stay Young Go Dancing which is really all I cared about. Apparently he wrote this song for his wife Zooey Deschanel (who aside from being in Elf is also in a band called She & Him. They're pretty good too. Just FYI. In case you didn't know.) Friday night we went to see The Weepies at the State Room in Salt Lake. This was definitely an amazing venue. It only holds about 300 people so it was more of an intimate setting. It was all acoustic too which made it even better. It was seriously like sitting in their living room while they told stories and sang songs. It was amazing. Funny story though. For the Death Cab concert we thought we had bought General Admission tickets and we wanted to be on the floor. Apparently we didn't and we ended up in seats. It was ok though. For this one we wanted to sit (it's kind of like an old movie theater but the seats are old church pews) but we got there kind of late and ended up on the floor. Oh well. I was actually happy to be on the floor though because we ended up being so close to them. It was amazing!

I loved their set and they seriously sounded amazing live. We listened to their cd on the way home and it was seriously hard to listen to. I've become a live Weepies snob now.


Doug laughed at me for taking this picture but I couldn't resist. Did she not have the coolest shoes on? I seriously love them for their totally chill style. Before the concert we were reading reviews about the State Room because I was a little nervous about the whole thing (I'm kind of weird and I was a little freaked about it having a bar and getting "carded" at the door) but all the reviews said it was amazing. Someone also wrote that the highlight of their life was seeing the Weepies there. I would have to agree. Definitely one of the best experiences of my life to date. Thanks again for the tickets Doug! Best birthday present ever!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Thats a fun week! I cant wait to do some fun things back in utah now. How are you guys doing?! Looks like summer was really good for you. Your kids are so grown up. I can't believe how mature they are starting to look! They are all so cute.