Monday, January 23, 2012

Fortunes

Happy Chinese New Year! We had a fun time celebrating tonight (except for without Dad - boo for tax season!). The girls had fun wearing their crowns grandma gave them on New Years Eve. We had Chinese noodles and baked egg rolls and wantons (I baked them in mini muffin cups - they turned out pretty good), Chinese noodles and of course, fortune cookies!

Here's Lilly with her crown

And Mabel had fun trying Sophia's on.And here's our fortunes. My first one said "Any rough times are behind you." and then I got this one.Looks like things are looking up! I'll take it! Lilly's said "You will live a long life a eat many fortune cookies" Yup. Sounds about right. Mabel's said "Happy news is on its way to you". Can't wait to see what that is. Sophia's was something about having good friends or something.


We hope you all had a fun Chinese New Year too because I know you're all crazy like us and celebrate it too!


This is random but our ward executive secretary took these pictures for our new ward directory. I think it turned out pretty cute. These are my girls' best friends in the ward too so it made it even better (minus Lilly looking bored out of her gourd)!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

OOOh Yummers!! Baked Won tons!! I'll have to try that- and the egg rolls too- did you do Hungry Girls recipe? Love the hats too!