Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Swearing In

Last night we had the privilege of watching my dad be sworn in as one of the newest Provo City Council members. It was a pleasure to be there and we're so proud of and happy for him!

Here he is addressing the audience. After getting sworn in (my cute mom held the Bible while he was being sworn in).The new 4 members. The supporting family.The newest council member and his sweet wife.For the family who was not there, here's part of his address to the audience.

Way to go dad! We know you'll do great and it's even more motivation for us to move back to Provo!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks JO!!! I'm sad I couldn't be there and sadder that that was the only family representation we had!! Oh well. When I was checking this on my phone the video said something like "Dagnabbit! Your video won't play" and for a second I thought that dad started his speech with "Dagnabbit" :)

The Favorite said...

Thank you Joanna!
I didn't know that there was a Constitution of Utah, I'll have to look that one up. I love that dad we have.

ottspot said...

My neighbors 2 houses down are putting their house on the market this week or next...I think you guys should move in. :-)

Alice-Anne said...

your parents look sweet. congrats to your dad and your family...I'm sure he'll do great things for Provo!