Thursday, January 5, 2017

Baby Bennett is born!

Santa brought me a new computer for Christmas so I can finally update this blog!! I've been using a laptop for the past few months and it doesn't have very much memory so I haven't been able to see pictures on there to put them on here.  This new computer is great though and I can finally see my pictures!! Anyway, moving on to the last day of September when we welcomed sweet Bennett into our home.  We waited a long time for this to finally say "0"!
I was supposed to go to the hospital early in the morning but it was school picture day and my girls insisted that I was there to do their hair so my doctor let me schedule the c-section for a little later in the day.  All ready for pictures!
 Then it was my turn to take a few before heading to the hospital.  Our whole conversation this morning and on the way to the hospital was about the babies gender.  With all my girls we didn't find out what they were going to be but I was pretty sure they were all girls.  With Lewis we found out and so for Bennett we wanted another surprise. I felt so strongly that it was another girl and so did Doug.  People kept telling me they thought it was another boy but I didn't believe them. Even up until these pictures were taken I was sure it was a girl. We also only had a girl name (Eleanor) that we agreed on.  I had a big list of boy names but Doug didn't like any of them.  He told me he really liked the name Bennett but he has a co-worker who has a baby named Bennett and I wasn't sure what I thought about it.  We both concluded that it had to be a girl because we had a girl name!
 Lewis insisted on being in some pictures too.
We dropped Lewis off at my parents and my mom gave me this delicious chocolate that my nephew had brought back from Switzerland.  I was a little upset that I was fasting...
We made it to the hospital and got all checked in and then waited and waited some more.  Things were backed up in the OR and my doctor had something else going on and so I got to the OR about 2 hours after my scheduled time.  They also had issues getting my IV in.  Right before Bennett was born I told Doug that it was going to be a boy since nothing was going our way so far that day.  And sure enough I was right!! Doug got to tell everyone in the OR what it was and I was honestly surprised.  And so happy!!! The minute I saw him I absolutely fell in love.  I also thought he looked so much like a Bennett!! Doug got to hold him for awhile and we both decided that's what his name should be.  And we were both so happy that we had another boy! Everyone was right in telling us Lewis needed a brother!
 Hello big world!
 Meeting the sisters for the first time.
 Lewis was excited but still not sure about the whole thing.
Getting ready for his first bath.
All clean! 
After he got all cleaned up and while I was still recovering I finally got to see and hold him.
 My parents were so nice and awesome to bring our kids to us and to stay with us for awhile.  I think they were pretty smitten with our new arrival too.
 They finally got to give him the bear they made with my mom!
 Beautiful flowers from my parents.
 The kids came to visit a few times over the next few days and we failed to get a family picture.  We did get some of all of them together though.  They kind of turned out...
This little girl really loves her brother.  They've already formed such a special little bond.  She really loves him a lot.
Dr. Crouch. So grateful for this man and his knowledge and expertise.  He delivered Lewis also.  It was nice to be in such competent hands.
More pictures from the hospital.
 I think this is one of my favorite pictures of him.
After a few days (and long nights with nursing struggles) in the hospital we finally got to bring him home! He came home in the same outfit all of his siblings came home in too. We were so happy to all be together at home again!
 Bennett might have felt differently about the whole thing though...
 Some really nice friends from our ward gave us this awesome gift basket.  It was greatly appreciated!!
 I love the back of tiny baby heads for some reason.  And I love all his hair!
 Doug and the kids worked on a puzzle while I was in the hospital (and for a few days after too).

No comments: