Saturday, October 20, 2007

Apples, Apples, and more Apples

We have greatly been enjoying the harvest of my parents apple trees lately. On Thursday I made a ton of applesauce, last night we mad juice at my parents house, and today I'm planning on doing some pie filling. It's been great! Sophia had such a fun time helping with the juice last night. Her job was to put the apples from the bucket into the water bath. We all enjoyed it and cam away with about 18 gallons of juice! We definitely have to admit that it just wasn't the same without the Damstedts help. You were missed.
During the whole process Sophia took a little tumble off the picnic table bench. She bonked her face pretty good. Last night as I was putting her to bed I finally convinced her to let me to look inside her mouth to make sure she hadn't injured anything to serious. As I was looking I saw that she tore her frenulum (the little flappy thing between your gums and upper lip). I don't think there's anything they can do for it so I'm not too worried. Doug remembers he once tore his and it grew back. (D-if you happen to read this, feel free to share your medical opinion). Anyway, she seems to be doing fine today so I don't think it did any permanent damage. I felt bad for the poor kid though and she looks pretty beat up.




I tried to show her bumps and bruises with this picture but it looks more like a mug shot.


P.S. Here's a bonus picture of a cake my sister-in-law Heather made the other night when we got together to celebrate birthdays.

4 comments:

The Favorite said...

That mug shot of Sophs looks so funny! We sure did MISS making cider this year. We have to go buy ours- lame. I have a good pie filling recipe if you want it. Have fun today!

The Ullery Family said...

How fun are you guys! Every time I turn around you are doing something new and creative. I need to be more like that. Sophia looks like she had a great time helping out. I'm sorry about her bumps. Tell her Aunt Kimber is sending her hugs and kisses!
Love ya!

Nancy said...

Dont you just love the fall for all the fresh food!! I remember how good your apple juice is! Glad you guys had a good time (minus the bumps and bruises)!

Lauren said...

Yummy apples! That is so cool that you all get together to make stuff. I love your parents yard.