Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Grotto

Last night for FHE we headed up Payson Canyon to see if we could be successful at Letterboxing. See www.letterboxing.org for more info. My sister first told me about Letterboxing and when I saw that there was one in Payson we decided to check it out. We went to a place called "The Grotto". For those of you who, like me, have no idea what a Grotto is, here ya go: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grotto. It was kind of just like a cave with a big waterfall running into it and standing water all around. It was actually quite spectacular. (Sorry I kind of have freaky eyes in this picture. You've got to love camera timers).

There was a little hike to get there full of fun log bridges and beautiful fall leaves. We had a great time and Sophia was the best little hiker.
We were not successful at finding the Letterbox but we were successful at a fun family evening together. I'd never been up Payson Canyon but it was gorgeous and we plan on making many trips up there in the future. Enjoy the pics and videos (in the video Sophs is holding the bag of leaves we collected. She was pretty proud about carrying it all the way down)!

Hiking from jmwilkins10 on Vimeo.
P.S. Here's a bonus picture of Sophs enjoying a bit of whipped cream the other day.

3 comments:

The Favorite said...

Sorry you didn't find it. Sophs hair looks so long and dark in the video. The pictures are all so beautiful in the canyon. Plus I love Sophs new jacket.

Lauren said...

What a fun adventure! It looks beautiful up there. It is funny, I probably wouldn't know what a grotto was but I just read about them in my book, The Count of Monte Cristo. What a coinkidink!

Heather Guymon said...

Joanna! You are such a sweet heart! You totally didnt have to send money. Thank you so much for that though! If anything I should have just given you guys the clothes, you ARE family. Let me know if there is anything else you would like and I will send it free of charge for you girls! Thanks again!