Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bow much fun!

So after getting the girls' Easter dresses I couldn't find any cute matching bows so I decided to make my own. My friend Lauren gave me some good info about how to do them. I also found this cute bow making website that had more good tips. Needless to say, a little bit of a bow making fetish has since developed. Here's what I've done so far. Sorry, Liza, I'm spoiling Jane's birthday surprise. The same goes for all other family members with little girls. This is what they'll be getting for the next little while I thought the bug bows were the cutest. I couldn't quite find the right ribbon for the lady bug bows so I'll keep looking. The purple bows (the one on the headband) are the ones I made to match the Easter dresses.






Here's a few of what the Sophs has been up to. We were getting ready to go for a walk the other day and so she gathered all this stuff and announced that she was ready to go. I took one look at her and started laughing. She then said, "Are you going to take a picture of me?" Thank goodness she knows when she's funny and that I love to capture it on camera!

Here's one of her in her cute new raincoat! I love it!

Finally, here's what happens while mom is gone, dad's in the shower and a little girl finds a bag of jelly beans.

8 comments:

Lauren said...

The bows are AWESOME Jo! I am so excited to try the ladybugs, but I too have had a hard time finding the right ribbon. What you got works though! They are all so cute. Did you end up using single or double prong clips?

The raincoat is adorable too.

The Ullery Family said...

Yet again I am completely amazed! I think I missed the line in heaven where they gave out the talent to do crafts and be creative! You are so amazing to get them done with two little ones at home as well. I'll be happy if I ever get Brian Dean's hooks hung up in his room.

Heather H said...

I am Kimber's friend and have been checking your blog for a little while, I hope you dont mind. I just wanted to let you know that I think you are so creative. I love the bows!

Melissa said...

SO SO CUTE! I swear you are the next martha (or Rachel even with your food!) Those are adorable. I hope you made some for my boys too! Ha ha- maybe I'll have a girl some day. Cute silly sophie and asking about a picture what a hoot! I can't wait to see the easter get-ups. I bought the boys matching polos- I can still dress them up even though they are boys, right??

Sarah said...

Bows and Headbands are my weakness! I loved the ones you made. You should sell them...if you do let me know.:) The butterflies and the ladybugs are so stinkin' cute. Isn't it fun having girls? Great Job!

ottspot said...

sigh..i don't think bryce would approve of putting bows or raincoats on either of my boys...but they are so darn adorable!!!

Emily said...

Those bows are amazing! I am sure your girls always look so cute and girly! I feel bad for any little girl that comes to me, I am just lucky JC wears a hat 90% of the time.

The Favorite said...

That raincoat is the cutest! We love jellybeans and cute bows!