Friday, February 29, 2008

A couple of tags

A couple of people tagged me so we'll go ahead and take care of both in one post!
Here's one about Doug and I.
1. What is his name? Douglas Warren Wilkins
2. How long have you been married? It will be 5 years in November!
3. How long did you date? We met our freshman year and dated for about 5 months before his mission. Then we dated for about a year after he got home and before we got married.
4. Who eats more sweets? Definitely me! Although he does need a bowl of peanut butter ice cream every night.
5. Who said I love you first? I think he did. Right before he left on his mission...how sweet. I quickly responded with the same sentiment.
6. Who is taller? He is
7. Who can sing better? I think I can although we're both not too great at it.
8. Who is smarter? He is for sure - especially since he's in the MAcc program. Those guys are so much smarter than those darn MBA students (this is a bit of a joke - he's always telling me how he's so sick of hearing accounting students talk about how smart they are and how they're so much better, smarter, and "holier than thou" than the MBA students).
9. Who does the laundry? Me but he does help out every once in awhile.
10. Who pays the bills? Me - with his money!
11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you're looking at the bed, I do.
12. Who cooks dinner? Me because I love to cook! He also helps out once in awhile and has been known to make a pretty mean Valentine meal.
13. Who drives? He usually does - only because he thinks I'm a horrible driver (which I kind of am - I like to go fast) and is scared for his life when he's in the car with me - ask him about our first date and me driving down the canyon sometime.
14. Who is more stubborn? I think it's pretty much sixes there. I wish we were both better though!
15. Who kissed who first? He did - after he asked first. It was cute.
16. Who asked who out first? I asked him out to a Peter Breinholt concert.
17. Who proposed? He did - way later than he wanted too. It took me a little while to get my act together. Thanks for being patient honey!
18. Who wears the pants? It depends on the situation.
19. One final thing about Doug that just makes me laugh - he says that his favorite "scripture" is the one that says, "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it." - What a goof!

And for the second tag...
Find the book closest to you with at least 123 pages.
Turn to page 123.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the next 3 sentences.
Tag 5 people.
Also make a plug about a book you are reading

The nearest book was my triple combination. The 123rd pg, 6-8 sentences of the bible read: "And two other rings of gold thou shalt make, and shalt put them on the two sides if the ephod underneath, toward the forepart therof, over agains the other coupling therof, above the curious girdle of the ephod. And they shall bind the breastplate by the rings thereof unto the rings of the ephod with a lace of blue, that it may be above the curious girdle of the ephod, and that the breastplate be not loosed from the ephod. And Aaron shall beat the names of the children of Israel in the breastplate if judgement upon his heart, when he goeth in unto the holy place, for a memorial before the Lord continually." (Exodus 28:27-29).

So there you go. A book I'm reading right now is "Dicey's Song". I read it in high school and wanted to re-read it. It's by Cynthia Voight and it's actually part of a series about the Tillerman family. I've started reading the entire series and am loving it. It's an easy, charming, and delightful read. I've also started reading this book for a bookclub I recently joined. It's called "It Takes a Mother to Raise a Village". I'm really looking forward to reading it and I'll let you know more about it as I go along.

I now tag...Erin (since she just finished taking the Bar exam - way to go!), Jenn, Emily, Lauren, and Ricki.

2 comments:

ottspot said...

Hey! would next Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday work for the Chuck E Cheesers extravaganza? I am thinking maybe like 11ish and they could play and possibly eat a little lunch and be done by the time Will goes into melt down "I don't want a nap but I need one" mode. Let me know what would work for you!

Nancy said...

Dicey's Song, huh? I don't think I've re-read any of the Waterford books, although I should. I'm sure I would enjoy them a little more now that it would be an optional read!