Thursday, November 24, 2011

Being Thankful

My mother-in-law passed this along to us last night when we had our Wilkins Thanksgiving Dinner. She said she got it from someone at the MTC. I thought it was too good to not pass along and definitely reflects some of my own thoughts by putting things into perspective:

Things I am thankful for...
The mess to clean after a party because it means I am surrounded by friends.
The taxes I pay because it means that I am employed.
The clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
My shadow who watches me work because it means I am out int he sunshine.
A lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, gutters that need fixing because it means that I have a home.
The spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
All the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
My huge heating bill because it means I am warm.
The alarm that goes off in the morning because it means that I'm alive.
The lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear.
The piles of laundry and dishes because it means that my loved ones are nearby.
The weariness at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: