Saturday, November 26, 2011

My mom is the best!

I have the best mom in the whole world! Here's the amazing Christmas pillows she made for my siblings and I this year (keep in mind that there are 8 of us!) So much work! She never ceases to amaze me!Here's another amazing thing she did. A few years ago she let me copy this cute and awesome nativity cross stich. I got the manger scene done but for some reason got totally caught up in the blue border. I just could not finish it! I begged and pleaded and she very willingly agreed to help me finish it. My dad said it took many late nights and early mornings. I seriously love this lady! Thanks again mom! I know I never would have finished this without you!She also gave Sophia this really fun advent kit. Sophia painted and decorated the whole thing with stickers. She loves it and so do I!


Finally here's a little of our Christmas decor this year. Doug thought it would be fun to display all my 12 Days of Christmas books on the piano. I think it turned out pretty good.

I bought all of these ornaments on clearance at Target after Christmas last year. I think they turned out pretty fun.This year we decided to put our fake tree downstairs for the kids to enjoy and to get a real tree for upstairs. I think they did a pretty good job decorating it!

Finally my cute friend Erin gave us this fun countdown last year. The kids can't wait for December to start so they can start pulling out the ornaments!

3 comments:

The Favorite said...

Very beautiful decorations. We are going to put ours up on Monday night. Love those cuties!

Nancy said...

Your decorations are really pretty. I like the books on the piano. I can't believe its already the Christmas season now. I need something to get me feeling festive. Maybe some snow?

Melissa said...

Thanks for giving me a sneak peek of the pillow! Unless I'm on the naughty list this year and don't get one. Love all your decorations- and discounted ornaments are even better!! Love that cute countdown too- I'll have to try making one. Someday.