Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Countdown

I can't believe tomorrow is December! Thank goodness I finished this countdown just in time! I can't wait to give it to my girls tomorrow along with the traditional chocolate through the paper window countdowns. (Sorry these pictures are really bad. We need a new camera cord for our computer so I had to take these with my phone. My awesome kitchen lighting doesn't help either.)

Anyway, I saw this cute idea in a scrapbook catalogue a few months ago and was so excited to make one! The wording around the star says "Days 'Til Christmas * Countdown to Christmas"It's this awesome little box that opens up to hold 24 perfect little chipboard cards. It makes for the perfect Christmas countdown. I love it!


Here's how some of the cards turned out. We'll see if we actually do everything on each card but at least it gives us options.Wow. I can't believe how bad these pictures are. Maybe I'll try taking them again when we get the new camera cord. Anyway, if you're interested here's the list of things I used. I also have the countdown stamp set too if you feel the need to take this project on (not sure I can say I recommend it). It did have a bunch more really cute stamps that I may get brave enough to add later. For now though, this is as good as it gets!


1. Make paper chains to count down the days until Christmas
2. Have a holiday movie night with popcorn
3. Walk or drive around to look at Christmas lights
4. Make edible ornaments for birds
5. Make Christmas trees out of construction paper
6. Read about holiday traditions around the world
7. Bake Christmas cookies
8. Make scented ornaments
9. Sing Christmas Songs
10. Participate in a charity drive
11. Make a Christmas craft
12. Make popcorn balls/Rice Krispie treats with little piece of candy canes in them
13. Sit outside and drink hot chocolate
14. Go shopping to pick out gifts for others in the family
15. Play pin the nose on Rudolph
16. Make a Christmas treat
17. Donate used toys you longer play with
18. Make gingerbread houses
19. Visit Santa at the mall
20. Sing and dance to Christmas music
21. Read some holiday books
22. Make homemade gifts for the family
23.Make and decorate paper stockings
24. Open a present on Christmas Eve

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Those are some good activity ideas. Your countdown box turned out really cute too. We have a countdown to Christmas with activities too. Im sure we wont do something every single day, but I'm gonna try to get some new activities in there.