Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Costumes

Halloween night turned out pretty great. Unfortunately our camera ended up in a trick-or-treat bag (I know Doug. It's my fault) and is now not turning on. I even charged the battery again and it still doesn't work. I dunno. Fortunately his mom snapped some pictures of us! This year we had Cleopatra, Tinkerbell, a little stinker and Bob Ross with is "happy little trees". We totally stole the Bob Ross idea from someone in my sisters ward. She was telling me about their party over the weekend and a couple who dressed up in these costumes. I thought it was so funny so I hurried and called Doug at work and asked if he'd be willing to do a last minute costume. Luckily we were able to throw it together thanks to Doug's creativity and expertise! He honestly glued part of the wig onto his face for the beard. It was awesome. The "happy little trees" part was easy. I just taped some leaves to my shirt and used a leftover leaf wreath from our wedding. It was pretty fun and it got Doug 1st place at his works costume party.

After his work party we hurried and ran to both grandparents and then hit up a few houses in our neighborhood before calling it a night. We were so exhausted by the time we got home. It was worth it though! This morning I quickly took down all signs of Halloween and put up Thanksgiving decor. The snow would have sufficed as a reminder that Thanksgiving is next but it's fun to have some decor too. Hope you all had a fun and safe Halloween!

2 comments:

ottspot said...

I LOVE your costumes...that is awesome. I need to file that away for future use.

The Favorite said...

snow? ? It's sunny and warm here :)