Sunday, November 30, 2014

Bryce Canyon

Last week Lilly gave me this and told me not to look at it until my birthday. Sorry Lilly.  I just couldn't wait 7 more months.  I love her and her little creations.  And these pictures were not sideways on my computer so whatever. 
 Party time!! Can't wait! She sure knows how to celebrate.
A few weeks ago Doug's work had a manager/partner retreat in Bryce Canyon.  Doug went down on a Thursday and I was going to come the next day.  The day he left was not one of the best days.  We had some car issues (surprise!) and I was a little stressed out.  Sophia made me this sweet note.  I love how she wrote everyone's names.
 On Friday one of Doug's co-workers wives came to pick me up and we headed down to Bryce. We drove past the Big Rock Candy Mountain which was fun to see.  I don't think I'd seen it since I was a little kid!
 Then we made it to this beautiful country.  We went on a few hikes while we were down there and had a great time.  He works with some really great people (and they have great wives!!) It was fun to laugh and talk together.  Just what I needed after a stressful week!
 Me being crazy and holding up the arch.
 We did take some pictures of Doug and I together but they're on his phone...
 It really was so beautiful down there. I couldn't believe it.  This was only my second time there and the first time everything was covered in snow so this was the first time I'd ever hiked down there.  Absolutely stunning.
 My nice nice nice brother and his wife (and my dad!) helped with our kids.  They were so good to do that and my kids had a blast.  I got plenty of awesome snapchats too while from them which was fun.   My sister-in-law took Lewis to the pet store while my brother was with my girls at a movie.  They are seriously the best!!

No comments: