Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thansgiversary

This past week we celebrated 11 years of marriage! and had a great Thanksgiving with both families. On Monday I went to Lilly's school to help serve pie for their Thanksgiving celebration.  I loved their turkey hats.
 Lilly came home with this too.  It cracked me up!
 This is random but the other day Mable was having a snack and thought some of her crumbs looked like an ice cream cone.  She had me take a picture.
 For our actual anniversary Doug had to work but we celebrated later that night.  We had thought about staying over somewhere but were a little vacationed and hoteled out.  First world problems right?  Anyway, that night my amazing parents came down to watch our kids.  Doug and I went to the temple and then to Black Sheep Cafe for dinner.  The dinner was lovely but the X-rated conversation going on next to us was a little disappointing.  We had this delicious southwest hot chocolate complete with a flaming sugar cube.
Doug was a little freaked out by it.  JK. Our food really was delicious and it was a fun way to celebrate.
Doug completely spoiled me with season tickets to the Hale Center Theater in Orem for next year.  I'm so excited!! We also got our new car that day.  We had some issues finally getting it to us but we finally have it and we love it so far.  It was a good anniversary present! JK.

The next day Doug had the day off from work and so we extended our celebrations with lunch and a movie in Sandy.  We are so spoiled and abuse our family way too much!!! Awhile ago our favorite Thai place in Provo closed down and said they were looking for a new location.  We were so happy to find out they'd reopened in Sandy!! Doug was seriously so happy.  He was pretty sure he was in heaven.  I asked him if he wanted a moment alone with his food. Haha.
 After that we went and saw Interstellar.  For those who've seen it, I was pretty sure that when we got out our kids were going to have aged 50 years. The theater was packed too.  It actually did fill in a little.
It was long!! My nice brother and his kids watched our kids and took them to the movies again.  They are seriously spoiled!  All Lewis needs is cousin Andy and some popcorn and he's good to go.
 On Thanksgiving we watched the parade and exercised a little (2 hour Zumba class!) and then went to American Fork to have a little Turkey Bowl with Doug's family.  Some of the kids played at the park while the others played football.
 My cute little turkeys all ready for the big day!
 After the game we headed to Doug's parents for a delicious feast.
Once again, this picture was not sideways on my computer.
Doug's mom took these 2.  I love this one.  It looks like he's pondering the tastes on his palate.
After spending a few hours with Doug's family we went up to my brother's house for dinner with my family.  The meal was complete with turkey butter.
 
 And turkey legs.  Haha.  The Disneyland joke continues...
 Lewis had fun playing with another cute little boy there and loved the blue ring pop from uncle Dylan. The food was delicious and our bellies were throbbing by the end of the night.  So much good food!
On Friday we set up a little bit of Christmas.  We got some new decorations this year and I've really been enjoying them!
It's still hard for me to believe Christmas is almost here!!  Especially without any snow on the ground!

1 comment:

ottspot said...

Is the star from IKEA? I wanted one of their big ones but couldn't think of anywhere to put it. Sad. :-)