Sunday, November 23, 2014

OR/CA Trip Disneyland/CA Adventure Days 2 & 3

For the last 2 days  we spent in Disneyland we were lucky enough to have family join us.  My brother and sister-in-law and a niece and nephew came with us.  It was so nice to have their help!!!
I've always loved this sign in Disneyland.
Of course the first ride we headed to was Peter Pan.  I've always loved this one.  It was good we hit it first because the line was long the whole day!
Then it was to the Matterhorn.  I think I was 10 the last time I rode this one.
K.  Does the Snow White ride freak anyone else out?  It's seriously the weirdest ride.  I love this part at the end though.
We had fun with the pictures on all the rides. This one wasn't as good.  I rode this one with Mabel and you can barely see the top of her head.  And I have no idea what is happening to the person in front of her.  I think he might be having a seizure. JK.
And back to the food. These cream cheese filled pretzels just might be my favorite thing at Disneyland.  I may have had more than I'd like to admit while we were there.
And of course we had to ride everyone's favorite makes your so nauseous Winnie the Pooh ride!
This little guy enjoyed his Tigger Tail while we waited to meet Pooh Bear.
More crazy ride pictures. I love how Sophia is cool as a cucumber in this one. This by far was her favorite ride.
This one is a little hard to see but Doug is in the very back.  He cracks me up.
And here he is again. Seriously kills me.
We also had to wait in line a little bit but finally got to ride Dumbo.  Mabel was pleased as punch.
Lewis absolutely loved it.  I loved his expressions.
That's why I took a million pictures of him.
Sophia was a little too cool for this ride but rode it anyway. What a good sport.
We were there the first weekend of Christmas in Disney. Which I would not recommend.  I would also not recommend going on a half marathon weekend.  It was crazy. Too bad it was still amazing.  Sleeping Beauty's castle was seriously stunning.
And back to more food.  A trip to Disneyland would not be complete without a turkey leg!
My SIL sent this snapchat out.  Glad she got it documented.
And another goofy ride picture.
And 3 very sleepy kids at the end of the night.
They slept through the fireworks which were amazing.  While everyone was waiting for the fireworks we hurried and took advantage of slower lines.  The teacups were pretty fun at night.  I loved all the lanterns.

And Small World was amazing all lit up!
At the end of the fireworks they shot fake snow out from the tops of all the buildings. It was actually pretty cool.  It really did look like it was snowing.
Another shot of Small World.  I loved it!
The next morning we took advantage of our magic morning (which really was quite crowded and not so magical) and headed back into Disneyland.  Mabel got distracted by all the characters so we stopped to meet a few.  She really wanted Minnie's autograph and was glad we got it.

We waited in line forever for the dumb, I mean amazing Storybook Boats.  The girls got to sit on the front of the boat which they thought was pretty cool.  And then Mabel cried about it for the next 30 min because she didn't get to.  Disneyland kind of turned her into a monster.  It's a good thing we love her!
We also waited to meet Tinkerbell and the girls loved it!

The new Cars ride was pretty fun.  We totally took advantage of the baby swap on all the rides that we could and the kids usually got to ride again right after.  It was the best!

Having family there meant Doug and I could do a few rides together!! California Screamin was crazy but so fun!
For lunch the last day we had to try the Monte Cristos. They were delicious. Word to the wise.  You can only get these in New Orleans Square at New Orleans Cafe or the Blue Bayou.  You have to make a reservation at both places we learned.  Also, the Cafe is cheaper but these are still about $20 a sandwich.  But you get 4 gigantic pieces that could easily be split between 3-4 people.  We didn't realize that until after we ordered. Luckily a few of us had already decided to split them!! Also the pomme frites are really yummy here!
After lunch in Disneyland we left the super crazy crowds and headed back to CA Adventure where things were a little less busy.  It was so nice to have cousin Andy there! Lewis loved him!
My two little Ariels waiting for the Little Mermaid ride.
 I even rode this ride twice.  I thought it was my favorite ride and then I remembered it wasn't.  My niece absolutely loves it!! Then my SIL talked me into riding it again,  I'm kind of in the middle screaming my head off.
After watching the fireworks again we used up our last fast passes (and baby swap!) for Space Mountain. I seriously love Sophia in this one.  She had the whole photo thing down.  Jeff taking a selfie isn't too bad either.
After that we said goodbye to Disneyland and headed back to the hotel.  We were so tired!! My legs ached for days!! I was so glad we had our huge stroller though!! It hauled all 4 kids at 1 point!
The next day we packed up and headed for home. This little boy was in desperate need of a bath and to get out of the car!
Unfortunately we rain into a little car trouble just outside of Cedar City.  Luckily we had AAA and were towed back to Cedar.  My amazing dad drove all the way down and picked us up.  He's incredible.  Doug towed the car back the next day and things were a little crazy but it meant we got to get a new car!! As unfortunate as it was to break down 2 hours from home we really were blessed that it didn't happen in the middle of California on a windy road with no service!!

If you made it through all of these posts congratulations.  I still haven't looked through the photos on Doug's phone and our camera so I may be adding more soon!

2 comments:

ottspot said...

We used AAA quite a few times growing up. I don't know what there rules are now, but they used to tow you up to 100 miles. I remember my parents always asking them to tow it as close to 100 miles back towards home as they could get. Ha!

ottspot said...

Their* Thank you phone.