Friday, November 9, 2007

Fun Day at the Zoo!

Doug woke up this morning and realized that he didn't have class or anything to do at work so we decided to go the the zoo! We'd picked up a membership at the Minnesota zoo this summer and it was good for the Hogle Zoo so we decided to make use of it. It was so fun and was the perfect day to go. Sophia had such a great time! She was a little hesitant about the elephants but everything else was ok. Here's a picture of her taking a drink at one of the lion drinking fountains (she had to get a drink from every one). After she took a drink from this one she got down and said, "Thank you Lion". I was expecting a "Thank you daddy" but thanking the lion works too.

Here we are at the cool fountain just inside the zoo. (Can you see us?)


Here's one of Sophia by a "cat". She absolutely fell in love with it and kept trying to pet it. It was so cute!

On the way home we stopped at Cabela's to see the elk and fish. It's just about her favorite thing in the world. She sure loves those elk!
Here's a slide show and video of our fun day. The last one in the slide show is Sophia asleep in the car on the way home. I love how she still has a handful of food. Kids are the best!



Untitled from jmwilkins10 on Vimeo.

Now it's random picture time!

Here's one of me for my sister Melissa to prove that I really am huge! I definitely look pregnant from the side! Am I going to make it 3 more weeks? When I was at my doctor's appointment the other day I commented about how my maternity clothes are no longer fitting because the shirts aren't long enough and the pants won't stay over my belly. He then told me "third trimester maternity clothes are not meant to be flattering or passed down. They are meant to be burned in a ceremony after the baby is born". I thought that was very sound advice.


Here's one of my new do. I did a hair dying kit from the store last night. Can't you totally tell a difference? JK. I bought a blonde kit and I'm pretty sure it covered up every last streak of blond I had in my hair. Oh well. At least it washes out in 28 washings!

Here's one showing Sophia's newest bonk. She fell so hard into the entertainment center last night. Half of her forehead swelled up with a big blue line down the middle. It doesn't look quite as bad today.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow! It's like you popped out from out of nowhere! I guess the last time I saw you was July, and then you haven't shown many side shots on your blog recently. Way to go! It looks cute and means you're almost there. And It looks like that shirt is just long enough. :)

Melissa said...

AWESOME ZOO!! and even awesomer belly and hair! I really love the new hair and I LOVE the new belly. Aren't you glad you don't have to push that baby out!! You still look very beautiful! It looks like you had tons of fun at the zoo. I love when daddies can stay home. I love that drinking fountain too- it was my favorite. We can't wait till our daddy comes home!! one more day!!

Lauren said...

What a fun day at the zoo! I would love to take Maddie there-- she loves animals (we don't have a good zoo here). I can't believe you only have 3 weeks left! I hope everything goes smoothly. We can't wait to hear the news. And I actually think your hair looks really pretty!