Friday, November 23, 2007

Our Turkey Days

Our Thanksgiving celebration started out Wednesday night with a fabulous dinner at Doug's sister Jenna's house. We had such a great time with family and enjoyed some wonderful food! It was so fun to get a surprise visit from his sister Leda. She's currently at school in North Carolina and we weren't expecting to see her there that night. It was such a fun surprise and so nice to visit with her again! We can't wait to see her again in a few weeks for Christmas!

Yesterday we got up and headed over to American Fork for the annual Turkey Bowl with the Quinteros and Co. It was a lot of fun. Especially because Doug managed to not get hurt! Sophia had a great time on the swings and toys while Daddy played. The whole time when she was swinging she kept saying, "This is a fun park!" and "Just mommy and Sophia swinging" over and over again. I love hearing her little voice repeat phrases like that over and over.
This is probably my favorite picture I've ever taken of Sophia. Have you ever seen a happier kid swinging!?

After that we headed up to Sandy to my brother Jason's for another fabulous meal! Doug and I both commented that it was probably the most relaxing Thanksgiving day we've ever had! Doug spent a majority of the time in front of the big screen watching Green Bay and enjoyed every second of it. He also got in a little Guitar Hero with Thomas. Sophia mainly played and enjoyed her time with cousins. She also had fun playing with their dwarf hamster (silly "monster!"). Overall it was a tremendous holiday for us!
The beautiful bird filled with sage butter.

The beatutiful table Emma set.


Lucy the Monster from jmwilkins10 on Vimeo.

Doug left this morning bright and early to hit a few sales and Sophia and I are going to try and get a little bit of Christmas up. I just talked to Doug (it's now 8 am) and he said he just got out of his first store. It took him 1/2 hour to get into the store and 1 1/2 hours at the checkout. I love my husband and the sacrifices he makes for me! he's the best! Later we're heading up to Midway and are looking forward to that! Hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing holiday as well!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving (times two!) What fun- That turkey looked awesome! And I LOVE that picture of Sophie too- so cute! Glad Doug didn't get hurt as well. Have a fun Anniversary!

ottspot said...

There is absolutely no way on this earth that Bryce would have gone shopping early this morning (believe me I tried)...way to go Doug!

The Favorite said...

You got to eat at the nice table- Lucky! That picture of Sophs needs to be blown up to life size and hung on my wall- too cute! Where did you get her jacket?

The Favorite said...

I didn't realize the kitchen was J & Lu's in the video. That is so pretty.