Saturday, November 24, 2007

Fun Weekend

We had such a fabulous weekend celebrating our anniversary! Thanks again to Emma, Luana, Jason, and Jeffy for putting up with our girl! It was greatly appreciated! We went to the Blue Boar Inn and had a fabulous time! We stayed in the Rudyard Kipling room. It was really neat. We loved the attention to detail that was apparent everywhere. We went to dinner at the Homestead and they had us leave our key at the desk because it's "European tradition" and so that they could turn our room down. When we got back there was a rose, mints, a little book of poems (from the authors their rooms are themed after), and a little paper showing the next days forecast. They also had some nice soft music playing. Doug didn't take any credit for it so we were greatly impressed by their service. They had a really yummy breakfast this morning which was complimentary (a $30 deal!) which we greatly enjoyed as well. We'd recommend this place to anyone! The happy couple in front of the Blue Boar.

It was so fun to have stairs to climb to get into our bed!



Before we got there we went and did a little more Christmas shopping. The reason why my sweet husband got up early yesterday to go shopping was to get an anniversary gift. He drove all the way to IKEA to get me this bowl I really wanted that we saw last time I was there. I love it! It's kind of hard to see in the picture because of the shadows. It's completely silver and I really do love it.

He also purchased the wardrobe shown below. It was $20 (the original price was $80)! We're using it to store games and linens. Because it was such a good deal (and because we're so crazy!) we went back to get another one for Sophia's room later. We really could not pass up a deal this good.

We also got a couple of these night stands shown below (the candelabra on top was from an earlier IKEA trip). They were a way good deal too. I love IKEA!

Finally, we got all of our Christmas up today! This was my big goal for the weekend because I wanted to have it all done before the baby comes. I put together this little display and I'm not quite sure what I think about it. It's just layers of pine cones and cinnamon apple slices in different vases. Let me know what you think. Hope you're all well and that you had a fabulous weekend as well!

7 comments:

ottspot said...

Yay! I'm glad you had a fun getaway. Now we know where to go next time. Will is looking forward to seeing Sophs on Tuesday. And we are looking forward to hearing about the newest little Wilkins!

The Favorite said...

Apples and Pine cones huh? I really do love that bowl, and congrats on the great IKEA finds! Can't wait to see them.
Happy Anniversary!

Melissa said...

DANG I wish we had an IKEA- but its probably better that we don't! I loved all those furniture pieces and I LOVE the bowl. It looks really cool. What a fun anniversary trip too- what a great deal! and I LOVE the decorations- cute idea. I think it looks really festive. We still need to get our decorations up...soon I hope!

JoandDoug said...

Okay sisters-just you wait and we'll hit IKEA when you're here! Doug says he won't let me go with you but we'll see about that...

Lauren said...

It sounds like that is up in Heber or Midway? I LOVE it up there! How nice that you guys got to get away. And I feel honored that my mug made it onto your blog! :) I love your wedding pictures.

What a good hubby, doing all that shopping for you and getting you that pretty bowl. I think I need to shop at IKEA with YOU, I never find the deals like that! :)

Nancy said...

I'm glad you guys got to celebrate! I can't believe it's been four years already! Seeing the wedding pictures makes me remember so many good times. Congrats on the anniversary, and I love the decorations and fun purchases!

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.