Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Gotta love those home jobs!

Or maybe it can be blamed on the squirmy kid? I cut Sophia's hair tonight and it's a little bit shorter than expected. Especially the bangs. They grow though right? It's okay that she looks like a dude for a little while right? At least it's straight (kind of)! She was in desperate need of a trim and I really didn't want to fight with her in a salon. She did great for me at home though (minus a few shifts here and there).

Here's picture of some of my Thanksgiving decorations. Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday. Probably because it's when I got married. Anyway, my mom is letting me borrow the little ceramic set since she won't be here this Thanksgiving. I love it! The stacking blocks with the ships and pilgrim's hat are from my old ward's Super Saturday. Aren't they cute? The turkeys in the bottom picture are courtesy of Jenna from last year's Thanksgiving. I think they're so cute! I made some like them today with my Activity Day girls and they loved them. It was so much fun!

We're so excited that Thanksgiving is only a week away! We can't wait to watch the parade and Doug play in the Turkey bowl and all those other fun Thanksgiving things. We're also excited to leave Sophia at my brothers the day after Thanksgiving (Thanks J and Jeffy!) to spend the night at the Blue Boar Inn (a B&B in Midway) for our anniversary (4 whole years!). It will be a nice very needed break before this baby comes! Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

LUCKY! I want to go to the blue boar inn! We haven't ever had a night without the kids!! Someday...but I think I may go too crazy missing and worrying about them that I wouldn't enjoy it. But it would be nice to sleep in again. Cute decorations!! I love the turkeys. I watched "today" this morning and all of the guys- Matt, Meredith, etc. all said that Thanksgiving was their favorite holiday! Cool huh! Oh and I love Sophie's hair! It's not too short and you can reassure her that she is not a boy- like when I cut your hair.

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Favorite said...

Cute decorations. Sophs doesn't looks too much like a dude, just put 2 piggies on the sides of her head and she;ll be good to go again. You could also try hiding it by having her wear really big bows!

Nancy said...

This is an exciting time of year for you guys. I can't believe it's been four years. Time flies, but I'm glad you get to do something fun for your anniversary. John and I were planning on staying in Vegas for our last. We ended up driving by the hotel and making a 2 day trip from california in 1 day. So much for staying somewhere fun. Maybe this year...

Lauren said...

Congrats on 4 years you guys! it is fun to think back to your wedding when we still lived close and got to be a part of it all. You two are still so cute together.

I don't think Sophie's hair looks bad, in fact I like the short bangs! They're cute! But nothing could look bad on her.

Marci said...

It's been forever! It's people like you that make my house look so boring! I wish I could hire you to decorate my house with cute things...