Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pillows and Ponies

First off, congrats to my sis Melissa and her newest bundle of JOY! Lucas Miller Burr (I think that's his full name) was born yesterday to two happy brothers and two awesome parents. Can't wait to meet you!
So that last pillow I made got me excited to make more. I think they turned out okay. They definitely spruce up the couch. The one on the far right turned out to be such a bad seventh grade sewing project that you only get to see the back. I think I 'm going to put a row of big black buttons in top half to make it more interesting.

While I was at it, I decided to make some aprons for my girls. The one Sophia currently uses is green with a monkey on it and she refuses to wear it because it's a "boy" apron. I decided to end her poor misery and make her a "girl" apron. (and I shouldn't admit it but I'm a cheater. I didn't piece the fabric - it came like that. I love it though!)
Lilly modeling her apron. Doug is sporting the "boy" monkey apron in the back.Last night for Family Home Evening we talked about our family. I made these spoon people for sunbeams a few weeks ago and Sophia thought they were so great that she insisted we make them again.
Here's a close-up of our happy family.
Now on to the ponies. We currently have a play slide in our living room (don't judge - it's the middle of winter (and tax season) and I'm desperate!) and the girls love it. It's right by the window and last week I found Lilly up on it strategically placing her ponies in their new home (the blinds). It cracked me up.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Good job on the pillows Jo! Wish I could enlarge and see them better. :) The aprons are darling too, I should do that sometime.

If I had a plastic slide I would totally put it in my living room.

The Favorite said...

Cute fabric, so who else is in your family a baby boy? girl? Oh you know it kills me...
Love the picture of our sweet baby nephew. Love the pillows too!

Melissa said...

I LOVE your aprons- so much better than mine. Even if they are "boy" aprons". The pillows are amazing- you are so crafty! You'll just have to make your couch a giant pillow too! Those are cute pony's in the window- perfect spot!