Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Baby in the belly

(that little circle in the square is the baby in my tummy by the way)

Sophia: I'm just so scared to have a baby.
Me: You're scared about having a baby in our family or to have a baby?
Sophia: I'm scared for when I have a baby.
Me: Why?
Sophia: Because they'll have to cut my belly to get it out.
Me: Well, not all moms have to have their bellies cut to get the baby out. Most moms can have their babies come out...(this is getting awkward)...another way.
Sophia: Well I'm just so scared about it.
Me: That's not something you'll have to worry about for a long long time and it won't be scary when it happens to you.
Sophia: Well I just can't stop thinking about it.
Me: Why don't you think about other things like butterflies and flowers.

6 comments:

Jennifer Lyn said...

What fun pics! And I love the baby in the belly. That is awesome. Emma talks constantly about having her 6 kids (with Jacob I might add). I wonder if it is a girl thing.

Stacy Risenmay said...

That is not the funnest conversation to have! My boys were horrified to find out what the "other way" was. Cute picture!!!

Nancy said...

Thats sweet. Its funny what kids think about. I would wonder what Josh thinks about, but I know that 95% of the time it has to do with a ball.

The Favorite said...

I like to think about butterflies and flowers, or what about coming to visit Aunt Liza in New York...

stu said...

That's the best advice i've heard in a long time: "Just think about butterlies and flowers." Or for guys: cars and sports.

Melissa said...

I LOVE her picture- she is such an artist! She is better than Josh. But sorry you still traumatized her for life :) At least you won't have to deal with teenage pregnancy!