Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Slave like Me

Sorry for the million posts today! I wanted to write quick about a funny thing tonight. Just to give a little background, about a week ago Sophia was on her nightly "I don't want to go to bed" ritual and she was complaining about how she just wanted to be big like a mom and that she didn't want to be a kid anymore. I told her I'd happily trade her places and that I'd love to be a kid. She asked me why and I told her that there's just a lot that mom's have to do that kids don't have to. Apparently she's really been pondering this because she keeps bringing it up. The other night she asked why I wanted to be a kid again and I told her because there's a lot that mom's have to do. She asked what things and I told her that I had to get her and Lilly dressed every day and get them food and get them everything they need and on and on and on.

Well, tonight we were reading scriptures about when King Laman let Zeniff and his people live in his land becuase he wanted them to be his slaves. She asked what slave meant and I told her it was a person who did everything for other people. Her obvious response: "Oh. Like you."

P.S. This same sweet child also asked her sister "do I need to pull your hair?" and "do I need to break your body?" today. She's so thoughtful to at least ask first.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Ha! That is so funny! I particularly like the "Do I need to break your body?" comment. What a hoot!

One Fish said...

Now that is funny stuff!

Jennifer Lyn said...

So funny! I love it! And your projects turned out so cute.

Melissa said...

Oh wow- Sophie you are a smartie! Moms sure are slaves! And that is very nice of you to ask first- how thoughtful! Jo how many times to you ask Sophie if she wants you to break her body?? Where did she get that from? Dora?