Friday, February 19, 2010

Tax Season Projects

Now that tax season is in full swing I am well underway with projects. My mom and I have been attending quilt classes at a local quilt shop and this is our latest project. It's a Three Bears quilt and it's really cute! Here's the first few blocks.


Here's what it's supposed to look like when we're all done.
My friends and I got together the other night to attempt these pillows found on this fun site. They sure looked cute but they were kind of a pain to make! Don't look too closely at mine. Gathering is not my favorite I discovered. At least I gave it a try! I'm planning on making more pillows to coordinate in our living room but they will definitely not be like this.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Way cute Jo! I love the quilt--I can see why getting it quilted can be so expensive, that is a ton of detail!

Your pillow is cute! The taffeta is thicker so it gathers differently, but it's darling.

Stacy Risenmay said...

People who quilt amaze me. I have neither the patience nor the skill to pull it off. It looks awesome. Way to go!

Alice-Anne said...

glad you have projects to whittle away time until April 15! Oh, and I was reading your "kitchen helper" post...yes, I now just write down words for Kenna to copy...losing patience, too! :) Glad you had a fun V day.

Jennifer Lyn said...

I love the quilt! It is turning out so cute! And the pillow looks great. I still want to make one.

stu said...

Good work Jo! Mom told me about the quilt. Looks nice!