Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Denver

At the beginning of the week I got to take a quick trip with Doug to Denver for some training. We had a great time and went with some great people! Thanks again to both of our parents for taking the kids so we could get some time away! It was great!

Here's Mabel the night before enjoying a yogurt pop. Also, the night before Sophia and I went to my niece's ballet recital. It was great. She was one of the dryads in the dream scene of Don Quixote. She just recently got point shoes and is so excited about them! She did great.

We only had one full day to spend in Denver and I spent most of it shopping with one of the wives while the boys were in training. We went to the 16th Street Mall downtown as well as Larimer Square. We really wanted to go to the US Mint but the first available reservations were for next week. Maybe we'll head back then. JK. We did drive by it so that was as good as we got I guess.

These shots are from Larimer Square. It was basically one city block full of shops. The lights were fun but thought that it probabaly looked better at night.

We also drove past Invesco Field. Go Broncos! JK Later that night we went to Garcia's for dinner. Their chips were the size of 1/2 of a corn tortilla! That's my kind of chip!


We also decided to take a picture where we weren't looking so crazy without the chips. Later that night we were going to get crepes at a local place during their "happy hour" but it was closed on Monday night. We were pretty sure it was for FHE. JK. We ended up going to Yogurtland instead. It was super delicious! Seriously it was probably the best yogurt I've had at one of these types of places. Apparently there's one on University Parkway so stop by if you're close! They didn't even pay be to say that!

The next day we only had a few hours so we drove to the temple and walked around a little bit.

It was so gorgeous! Talk about a picture perfect day!


This is the "Bride's Bench" at the temple. It was beautiful as well.

Here's the cute girls I was lucky enough to hang out with for 2 1/2 days! Aren't they beautiful!? Doug seriously works with the best people. We had so much fun together! (I think we did anyway - they may think I'm crazy!)

We got home last night and I was happy to see my kids again! I was also greeted by these beauties! These are double petunias and I thought they turned out nicely. I think I'll definitely plant these again!

Also, my peonies finally bloomed! They were bursting last week and I was just sure they'd bloom while I was gone. I was very happy to see them! I had to bring some inside because they make me so happy!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Fun trip! Beautiful flowers!!