Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy BirthFathers Day

We had a pretty good celebration weekend! I was lucky enough to have my birthday on Father's Day this year so we celebrated on Saturday to break it up a little. We went to dinner at Magleby's and it was so fun! We went to their new location in Provo and got to sit out on the patio. It was so fun and pretty with the river flowing behind us. I ordered the buffet which included the dessert buffet and it was completely worth every calorie! So yummy. I seriously can not get enough of their chocolate cake. Delicious! On our way their Doug gave me tickets to The Weepies in August. I was so excited! I love them! They're coming to a venue that only seats about 300 so I'm super excited about that as well. It's also 2 days after the Death Cab for Cutie concert so we may be a little worn out at the end of all of that. It should be fun though. Anyway, after dinner we went to see Super 8. It was pretty good. I wasn't expecting much so it was better than I thought it would be. Definitely too much swearing though.

The best present came the next morning at 4 am when Sophia threw up in my room. It was awesome. I felt so bad for her (and I have to admit for me a little bit). She stayed home from church and I was nervous about having Lilly and Mabel by myself. Mabel actually slept most of sacrament so I could focus on Lilly and she did really well. We actually had the people behind us tell me that my kids are very well behaved. I totally burst out laughing! I told him that this was definitely an exception. I guess it was a good birthday gift though.

After church we came home to this. Doug's the best. It was so cute (and yes that's Sophia passed out on the couch. Poor girl). The little pink and gray boxes in the bottoms center of the picture are these awesome plastic gift bags that have "Happy Birthday" written on them and they light up. I think I got them at the Roberts outlet for 75 cents. They're really heavy and I think they're supposed to be a balloon weight or something. I thought it was cute that he had pulled them out. Later that night we went up to my brother's house for some delicious sliders. The highlight of the evening was definitely when my family sang "This month is such a special one..." to me. It was hilarious. Doug again was so nice and stayed home with the sickie. I told him I felt so bad leaving him and he said "I can't think of a better way to celebrate Father's Day. This is what being a dad is all about." I thought that was sweet.Overall it was a great day and I was spoiled beyond belief. My sister sent this cutest card that she made! She's amazing! I love it!I also got a lot of other really nice things from family and friends. Me and two of my collage roommates all have June birthdays and so we usually get together every year to celebrate and exchange gifts. This year one of them gave us these. I totally love it. She got them on an Etsy site and you can tell the person who makes them how many beads and what colors you want. I love that she chose three pinks for my three cuties.
Overall it really was a good day and I was spoiled. The girls helped me clean up the streamers last night and had fun wrapping themselves up in them. I couldn't ask for more!

No comments: