Tuesday, June 14, 2011

More Improving

A few years ago we were given this beautiful chaise I loved it so much and was willing to look beyond how loved the fabric was.It needed a little help but seriously, it's the most comfortable piece of furniture ever and I love it!
I have a friend who recently made slipcovers for her couches out of canvas drop cloths. She got the idea from Miss Mustard Seed. They turned out way cute and so I thought that it would be a great thing for the chaise. I've always wanted to reupholster it but was way too intimidated by the size and odd shape. The slipcover was seriously the perfect answer! It's not perfect but it's definitely an improvement! Sophia seems to approve also. It was seriously so easy to do and I may even attempt it with upholstery fabric some day. Here's another cute thing we've had in our house lately. I bought Mabel this skirt on clearance and I'm so glad I did. I love finds like this! She wore it last Sunday and I seriously loved it. Silly baby.
Sorry I took so many! I just can't get enough of this baby. I can't believe she's going to be 1 in a few weeks! Time needs to slow down!

3 comments:

The Favorite said...

Cute, cute cute!

Nancy said...

That looks awesome! Great color choices. I think Mabel looks really cute too. I may have to get a skirt like that for Abby. I can't believe she is one already! What a cute girl.

Jeff and Lexie Lou said...

I love the mabes babes. She's so cute!