Monday, June 27, 2011

Random Happenings

Here's some random happenings as of late. In no particular order.

On Friday we went to a super fun birthday party at a great friend's house. Our kids had a blast playing in their awesome backyard. Here's the super cute cake made for the super cute 3 year old! (Tiffany - I hope you don't mind that I put this on here). My friend's sister-in-law made it. She's so talented! It's kind of hard to see but there's some adorable Minnie Mouse ears at the top of the picture. This is totally random but I forgot to put it on an earlier post. Here's the girls picture from gymnastics this year. They totally loved it and I think we'll do it again next year.Back to the weekend. On Saturday my awesome sister-in-law Lexie ran a half marathon with me. We did the American Fork Canyon race and it was awesome! She's so amazing! I texted her a few months ago asking if she was going to do a half this summer (she and her mom are always doing all sorts of crazy bike and running races). She said she didn't but that she'd do one with me if I wanted to. I got brave (or crazy) enough to want to do one so we signed up. The course was beautiful and seriously everything was perfect about it! It was so fun!
With the majority of the course being downhill we ended up going faster than we thought and everyone missed seeing us cross the finish line by about 5 min. Oh well. Thanks for the signs guys! The best part of the race was the delicious chocolate milk, french toast and buttermilk syrup at the end! So fun! After the race we spent the rest of the day swimming and lounging around. To me, this is seriously the best way to spend those hot summer days!
After swimming and a picnic dinner in the backyard, we enjoyed some Skinny Cow truffle bars. Super yum! Mabel enjoyed hers. So did the other girls. Oh how I love these sweet babies! I also did some more random home decor projects this weekend. I added these shelves and trinkets to our bathroom. I thought it turned out ok. I love that after 4 years I'm really starting to get settled into this house. Better late then never right? And finally, here's what we do with Mabel when she needs a time out (or when I'm not looking and her sisters are tired of her getting their toys).

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh man- that all looks so fun! Wish I could be there too! I'm SO proud of you and Lexie- I seriously cannot imagine running that much- you guys are my heroes. Cute cake too! and I love the Popsicle pictures and the decorating.

Nancy said...

You guys are having so much fun. Way to go on the race!! Downhill would be a fun way to run. Cute pictures too. All your girls are so silly. Hope you guys are all doing well and enjoying the summer.