Friday, June 24, 2011

More Celebrating and Talent Night

We had a pretty great week full of the stomach flu and more celebrating.
My other present(s) from Doug finally came. He got me these awesome nesting dolls that double as measuring cups! I saw them at the cutest boutique in Denver and totally loved them. I told him about them and was glad he was listening. Aren't they so cute? I think so.

Last Monday we had a fun FHE at Doug's parents house with a little talent night. It was fun but unfortunately we brought more than just a salad to dinner. We brought the stomach flu (we didn't really know it at the time!). We felt so bad but we seriously passed it onto everyone. Even Doug's grandma! Don't worry because we passed it to my family on Sunday. We're really nice that way.


Anyway, Mabel's talent was wearing her hair in a pony tail for the first time. I love those first little ponies!
Sophia played the piano (didn't get a pic) and Lilly did gymnastics. It was pretty great.

Doug's parents also recently returned from a trip to Brazil and they came bearing gifts. The girls got these awesome headbands that they wear during Carnival.


And the boys got these awesome masks.

Good thing Doug's good at making them look awesomer.

I had to bribe Mabel with a Brazilian style Nutrigrain bar to wear this again.
There's also a really cool rock shop in Brazil that they love and they brought back these cool nativity scenes for everyone. Pretty cool! Thanks guys!

1 comment:

The Chipmans said...

Those matryoshka dolls are the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. Maybe I will have to hint to Mike as well. wink, wink. ; )