Monday, June 20, 2011

Princess Week

This was a pretty fun and low key week. We really didn't do too much with our theme. Just the right amount. We checked out princess and castle books from the library one day and watched plenty of princess movies.

On one of the days we had a tea party. It was pretty fun. The girls even helped me make lemon tea cookies for it. I also let them use the china tea set that belonged to my Grandma Lilly. My mom gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago with the intent that I would pass it on to Lilly one day. I haven't let them play with it yet but I decided it would be ok to use it for this occasion. I think they had fun with it but it definitely went straight back into the closet when we were done. I think I need to lighten up a little. Anyway, we had PB&J's, strawberries, cheese slices, lemon cookies and apple juice (I mean "tea").
While we were in Denver my mom had a bunch of the crafts for the girls to do. She sent me home with everything they didn't get to and these crowns were one of the projects. They had a blast decorating them and I thought they did a good job. They had so much fun staying in their princess dresses and even wanted to wear them for pajamas that night. Here they are after their bath. What silly little princesses.

1 comment:

One Fish said...

Really cute! I love the themes.