Saturday, June 4, 2011

Improving

We did a few yard improvements today that I thought I'd document. First, we have this sad looking bush/tree thing in our backyard that sits all sad in a back corner. I usually hit it with the edger or mower so I'm actually surprised there's some new growth. After a few 49 cent brick from Lowes and some impatiens I think it looks much better. What do you think? Yes the bush/tree does need to be groomed a little but aside from that...

Here's our other project. This is a view of our sad little garden. The beautiful clothes line on the left had this concrete patio space beneath it that was made up of 10 4' x 8" concrete blocks. I realized the other day that it really wasn't doing anything there besides providing a nice place for weeds to grow and that it might be nice to have more garden space. We decided to line our garden with them and we had just enough. It really was perfect.

I know that it doesn't make a huge difference (in case you can't tell the big brink things make a diagonal line down the middle of the picture) but I think it's nice to have a little bit of a separation from the yard to the garden. I'm kind of OCD like that. I told Doug it makes me feel good to have a cleaner garden. I know. I'm weird.
Here's a bonus image. This is how Lilly fell asleep last night watching a movie. I love how the mattress is hanging off the couch. I thought it looked like a fun slide!

5 comments:

The Favorite said...

Beautiful! I think they both look a lot better and I can't wait to see them in person :)

Lauren said...

I can tell the difference for sure! The garden looks great! And your corner flower bed is a definite improvement. Nice job. Go you for mowing the lawn!

Marie said...

Looks great! Landscaping is NOT easy! Love how you call it a tree/bush thing.

Brandon said...

Awesome job!

stu said...

I like your touches on the garden. You've got great attention to detail. I'm pretty sure your blood type is A like me.