Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The actual day!

Sophia had a great birthday! We had French toast for breakfast at her request, and she got a few presents. Before she went to bed I told her if she was good the birthday fairy would come to her room. I put balloons and presents in her room in her bedroom before she fell asleep and she was pretty excited when she woke up. I could here her telling Lilly about everything and she even asked Lilly if she wanted to open some presents. She walked upstairs and looked around and said, "Huh. It still looks pretty plain up here". Sorry the entire house was not decorated to your liking. The birthday fairy only does bedrooms sweetie. She also kept asking why she only had 5 presents. I kept reminding her that it was because she was only 5 (and remember the big party you had last week honey?"

After school we made her a puppy cake. My awesome sister gave her a Big Top Cupcake (which she has wanted since forever) and it really does make some pretty cool cakes.
Just don't look too closely into the possessed dog's eyes or you might get sick.
For dinner we had Sophia's favorites: Egg salad sandwiches, chips and cheese sauce, melon and cucumbers.
After the celebrating we had a little too much fun with Mabel. I love this baby!
Here's another creation we created with the Big Top Cupcake. This one's a cat (just use your imagination).

Phew. I think I'm finally caught up on the blog! (for now).

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yes!! The cakes are awesome!! I'm glad it is getting some use! I hope Sophie likes it. Her birthday sounded so fun! That is the best story about her comment about the rest of the house not being decorated- I love that little girl. Hope she didn't learn too many bad things from Josh ;)