Sunday, August 22, 2010

Kindergarten Changes

Last year I tried to get Sophia into a Charter School (gasp!) in Provo. She didn't get into so I enrolled her at one in Salem. We were excited for her to go there and I was looking forward to full day Kindergarten. Last week we went and met her teacher and filled out some paperwork. About an hour later I got a call from someone at the Provo school informing me that they had an opening in Kindergarten and that she was next on the list. School had started that day so we had to make a quick decision. We decided to send her there and we're feeling good about things. She did great on her first day and was really excited to go back the next day! She was bummed Saturday when we told her it wasn't a school day. I'm hoping things continue to go well. Here she is getting ready to go.

Here's a quick pic of her school I snapped in the car during the crazy pick-up time. It's a pretty new, really nice building. I told my sister I enrolled her in a charter school and she asked which warehouse they meet in. She was impressed to discover they have an acutal building. Here she is with her teacher Mrs. Fehlberg. She's super nice. In the back on the right you can see the smart board they have in their room. Those things are the coolest ever! It's amazing what you can do with them.

Funny story from the first day. She was pretty nervous to go (of course) and so I told her I'd stay until she was ready for me to leave. This meant I ended up observing the class for about a half an hour. Sophia spent pretty much the whole time sitting on the letter S on the rug. At one point the teacher asked the class to tiptoe around the room and point to different colors. Sophia sat their the whole time and pointed to each color the teacher said. Unfortunately she was sitting right next to the rainbow so she never moved out of her spot. What a stinker! She's too smart for her own good! I didn't have to go in with her the next day and I'm assuming things went much better!

1 comment:

Jennifer Lyn said...

What fun posts! I love the indoor camping. We will have to try that one. Your girls are so cute! I am getting super excited for 3 in a row. :) And Kindergarten? don't you feel like we aren't old enough for our kiddos to be going to kindergarten. I am nervous and Emma doesn't go for another year. :)