Thursday, August 26, 2010

My cute mom - Game Quilt

After some inspiration from my cute friend Nancy's cute mom, my mom decided to make her own game quilt. I think it turned out pretty cute! She did an awesome job. Here's the games she put on it: Don't Eat Pete!

I Spy. This one has sets of matching triangle fabrics. You can play this lots of different ways: look for ones with red, looks for ones with flowers, etc or you can match the pairs.Tic Tac Toe. The purple pocket on the right holds the bean bags and marbles for some of the games.
Close up of Tic Tac Toe. She got some jacks and dinosaurs (and big dice that I forgot to take a picture of) to use as the x's and o's.
Checkers.
Close up of checkers. I love the licorice and popcorn fabric! She got red and white flat marbles to use as the pieces.
Mancala
Close up. Again, she's using flat marbles for the pieces. I love the marble fabric. So cute!
Bean Bag toss
Close up of the game.
Close up of the bags.
She's so awesome! Way to go mom! I think this may be up there with one of your best quilts yet!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Ahh!! We have the best mom :)

The Favorite said...

LOVE IT!!!
I love our talented mom.

Nancy said...

That is so great! Im glad you guys are getting into the gaming too. Once I finish making Abby's bedding and painting her room, a game quilt will be next on my list.I almost have the top completed, then comes the quilting... I hope you guys get lots of use out of it for sure!!

James and Tiff said...

Is your mom adopting? I would love to be on the top of the list:) I need a mom in this state anyway right? If I had to pick it would definitely be your mom- she is AMAZING!

stu said...

Great updates! Cool quilt and loved reading about Sophie's b-day. That was quite a dinner menu. I think I'm dizzy from staring at the dog-cake's eyes, though. And I love the family pic at the top of your blog (even if you did chop off Doug's scalp.)