Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New to You Furniture

My awesome brother (who gave us the big gray couch in the basement) gave us more aweomse furniture this weekend that his 16 year old is done with. Apparently she decided she's too old for furniture with porple flower knobs on it. We were happy to take it! The best part is that it was all built but another awesome brother-in-law. He's amazing.

Anyway, we put it all in Mabel's room and I think it turned out pretty good. Doug think's it's a little crowded (and I agree) but I keep telling him that the rocking chair will only need to be there a few more months and then we'll have a little more space. I love how it all looks in there now.

Don't mind that the chaise still does not match anything. We're still debating how to refinish it. I like the big new bookcase though! Here's a close up of the little nightstand table thing. The top of it is plexiglass and it comes off so you can display things under it. Like I said, my brother-in-law is amazing! I'm still trying to decide what to put in it. Any ideas?

Here's a close up of the cute dresser with the cute flower knobs.
Thanks again J for letting us have this and thanks again Brad for building it! Don't worry Liza, when you move back to Utah all of this is totally yours!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

LUCKY!! That is awesome! I love the furniture- and free is double awesome. You mean when I move back to Utah, I get them. (which means never, so you will get to keep them forever- just kidding)

Lauren said...

Wow, I'm impressed that Brad built all that! How cool! That's funny they didn't just want to change the purple flower knobs to something else, but nice for you! It looks great.

The Favorite said...

I think you should put lots of pictures of your cute cousin Jane in it...
Glad that you have them and they look to be in pretty good shape :)

Nancy said...

That looks really good! What a talented bro-in-law. I think you should display Mabel's blessing dress in the table with a picture from her blessing day. Happy Decorating! Thats what Im doing at my house too. We are going to paint Josh's old room pink for Abby tomorrow and then I can start the fun accessorizing!