Wednesday, August 25, 2010

P.S.

I forgot to mention one thing about Sophia's birthday. This was her first time celebrating her birthday in a classroom so it was exciting for her and me (I'm a summer birthday and never got to celebrate my big day at school). Her school has a wellness policy (that I love) that suggests not bringing in treats on your child's birthday. Instead they suggest you bring a copy of your child's favorite book to read and leave with the class. I love that idea! We picked this one that her grandma recently gave her for her birthday (we got another copy - don't worry). I love it! It doesn't have any words so it's so fun to make up the story. The pictures are amazing! I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Super fun and I love your schools wellness policy too! We watched that Jamie Oliver show this summer and lauged at how schools tried to meet the new government rules and like how french fried count as vegetables.