Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cousins and Family Pics

We had our family pictures taken last weekend by Doug's cousin. She did the entire family as well as individual family shots. I'll post a big group one when I get one. I thought they turned out pretty good! Doug took a few while we waited for other families to finish. Oh Lilly, your eyes...

We also were lucky enough to have my awesome sis Melissa and her 3 sweet boys visit for awhile. They came for a wedding and then she stayed longer while her husband moved them to Texas. It was so fun to be with them and our kids had too much fun playing with everyone. Her three boys are pretty close to my girls' ages (with the exception of Josh being 2 years older than Sophs) so they all had ablast. Josh and Sophia were seriously inseparable. I don't know how I didn't get a picture with the two of them. Lucas and Mabel had fun together too. He loved her a lot. It was fun for Mabel to meet Melissa too. I seriously love my sisters and am so grateful for every chance I get to spend with them. It's a definite benefit of living close to parents. You always get to see eveyone when they come visit! One funny thing about their visit, the last day they were here Melissa stubbed her toe on a door frame. It was killing her all day and by then end of the day she couldn't take it anymore. I got to take her to my dad's podiatrist (her husband just got a job and so they're between insurance and she was lucky he saw her!) to get her foot looked at. Turns out she broke her toe. I felt so bad! He gave her an awesome shoe to wear which she was pretty excited about. She especially was excited about manuevering through airplanes and airports with her 3 boys the next day when they flew to their new town Nacogdoches, TX.
Doug's sister Jenna has also been in town and it's been fun to spend time with her and her kids as well. Her kids got to come down and play a little last weekend and they had fun holding Mabel. Here she is with cute Andrew.
And James. These kids are so cute!
These pictures are random and out of order but here's more of cute Lucas! I could not get enough of this little boy! We hope to visit you in Texas sometime soon!
Oh he's so cute!
And finally, here's one more random picture of Mabel on her one month day! She looks pretty excited about it!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

What cute kids. I love seeing them! It is really nice to be in the path of all the out-of-town visitors. One month already, that's crazy!! I love camping in the living room. That is still fun to do!

One Fish said...

Cute family pic! Your hair has gotten so long.