Monday, August 30, 2010

The rest of the weekend

Saturday night we headed up to my 10 year high school reunion. It was fun and weird all at the same time. We had 17 or our graduating class of 42 come and it was good to see everyone again. We missed everyone who wasn't there so you all better come to the next one (that I hopefully won't have to plan!) The 5 of us (plus a few more who weren't able to come) all started in Kindergarten together at Waterford Provo. We like to call ourselves "Waterford Originals" because we're nerds like that. It's weird to think how long ago that was and how we all were just tiny Kindergarteners once! It's especially weird since I have Kindergartener this year! It was a good time though and I'm grateful to everyone who came.


We also found out about a sad thing this weekend. For all you old Provo people who remember Janeece Bean, in case you haven't heard, she passed away from cancer last week. You can see her obituary here. She was such a good neighbor and friend and she truly will be missed! Doug and I went to her viewing last night and we were surprised at how hard it was. She really was such a neat person and it was obvious last night how many lives she touched. We love you Janeece, Josh, Livy and Logan.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Looks like your reunion was fun! Good to see Lisa on your page. :) Sorry about your friend, she sounds like a wonderful person.

Melissa said...

I loved looking at all your pictures- that is awesome and thanks for telling me about it all.

Stacy Risenmay said...

You only had 42 in your graduating class??? Where did you go?

Nancy said...

Sorry for your sad news. Life is hard sometimes. I loved seeing all the pics you posted too. I saw more through your emails and facebook. It would've been fun to get together with everyone (and weird too). Its hard to think we've been out for 10 years. Im sure everyone has changed so much, but it seems that coming back to Waterford always puts me in that old high school version of myself. I think thats both good and bad. But either way, Im sad I missed out! And kindgergarten was a long time ago (almost 23 years, right?)

The Favorite said...

I seriously can't believe that's Maddy B.
Thanks for posting about Janeece. She was such a nice, beautiful mom.
Our prayers go to their family.